Jane has been specialising in criminal law for over 27 years. She has a busy Crown Court practice appearing for both the defence and prosecution.
Why should a Solicitor Choose Me?
Jane has a wealth of experience in dealing with all types of cases and all levels of seriousness. She always provides a high level of client care from instruction in a case to its conclusion.
Jane is regularly instructed in cases involving the importation and supply of drugs, firearms offences, serious violence, rape and serious sexual offences, murder and manslaughter. Jane regularly appears in the Court of Appeal and has experience prosecuting RASSO offences in the Youth Court.
Jane is also a member of the RASSO panel and is a Grade 4 prosecutor.
- R v Bryan Thompson (2015) - Historic Sexual Abuse going back 35 years, involving issues of Doli Incapax and Abuse of Process.
- R v Allen Layton (2015) – Sexual Abuse involving child complainants , one with autism, cross examined via an intermediary.
- R v Sam Hunter (2014) - a case involving the abduction and gang rape of a thirteen year old girl .
- R v Samantha Hope (2015) – s18 young defendant stabbed her mother in the back.
- Attorney General’s Reference No 32 of 2012 Wounding with intent. Sentence of thirteen years imprisonment ultimately imposed for a vicious attack of a vulnerable victim.
- R v Rani & others (2013) Conspiracy to Blackmail. A sophisticated ‘Honey Trap’ case.
- R v Keane & Garner (2013) Joint enterprise murder case with 16-year-old defendants (led by Jamie Hill QC).
Regulatory and Criminal Law
Criminal Bar Association
North Eastern Circuit